Quick Interview with Adrian Phoenix

I got the chance to have a quick interview with Adrian Phoenix, the author of the Maker's Song series and Cajun Hoodoo series:

I just got done with In the Blood, so I wanted to ask, for the fans, what the rest of the series has in store for Heather and Dante?

More dark discoveries, more intrigue among nightkind, mortal agencies, and the Fallen. Dante has to face both his past and his destiny and hope to keep his sanity in the process. His and Heather’s relationship deepens and she has choices of her own to face. We see more of Von, Lucien, Heather’s sister Annie, and meet new characters.

Do you have any new events, interviews, or releases coming soon?
Yes, thanks! Black Heart Loa, the second book in my Cajun Hoodoo series will be released June 28th, and I’m currently working on book 5 of The Maker’s Song: On Midnight Wings. I have several interviews coming up (along with book giveaways) in May, June, July, and August. Check my blog for dates and blog locations.

How did you get into writing?
I started writing in junior high school and just kept with it. I’ve always loved books and reading and decided to start writing my own.

Can you tell the readers about what Pocket After Dark is about and how you contribute?
Pocket After Dark is an interactive website put up by Pocket for urban fantasy and romance readers where authors can interact with their fans, post new content, chat on messageboards, etc. They also give away a lot of free books and have live chats, exclusive blogs, video, and photos. I’ve posted a short story, I make announcements and blog, and venture onto the messageboards. LOL.

What do you have coming ahead for the Hoodoo series and the Maker's Song series?
I have more books in The Maker’s Song series coming up and I hope to have more in my Hoodoo series. It all depends on the market at the moment.

Are you considering or working on any new projects?
I do have new projects in mind—urban fantasy, steampunk, and a Supernatural-esque type of book as well. I don’t know which will happen yet. Time will tell.

Lastly, do you have anything planned for this summer?
Aside from attending a workshop on the Oregon coast in July and writing, nope. And that’s fine with me.

Follow here to see my Sunday Brunch interview with Adrian Phoenix over eating, reading, and love!

If you want more from Adrian, here are some sneak peek chapters and contact info:

You can read a chapter from the book that started it all in The Maker’s Song series. Here’s a link to a sample chapter of A Rush of Wings.

With Book Four, Etched in Bone, Dante faces his destiny and searches for a way to accept it on his own terms. To make his life, his own, at long last, and with Heather at his side. The former FBI agent is more than his partner and lover, she is also his anchor, his beacon, guiding him back from the edge of madness when his shattered past rises up and swallows him. But in Heather’s human family awaits an unexpected enemy. One who could force Dante to choose his darkest destiny—as the Great Destroyer.

Here’s a link to the first two chapters of Etched in Bone.

Here’s a link for the first chapter of Black Dust Mambo.

You can also find me at:
Website My blog Facebook Facebook Fan Page Twitter MySpace Goodreads
Dante's Club Hell Forum
Dante's Club Hell Yahoo Group
Pocket After Dark
 
Peace and Fangs,
Alisha
You have read this article Author Interviews with the title Quick Interview with Adrian Phoenix. You can bookmark this page URL http://renthompsonishere.blogspot.com/2011/04/quick-interview-with-adrian-phoenix.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Quick Interview with Adrian Phoenix"

Post a Comment